- Shahid Abdur Rab Serniabat Textile Engineering College (SARSTEC)
Category: Garments & Textile Groups & Companies
Shahid Abdur Rab Serniabat Textile Engineering College (SARSTEC) is a renowned textile engineering institute under the University of Dhaka located in Barisal, Bangladesh. At the very outset, this was a "District Textile Institute” established in 1980 and would offer 2 year Certificate in Textile Technology course. Subsequently, it was again upgraded to “Barisal Textile Institute” with offering 3 year Diploma course in Textile Technology. Eventually, Government of Bangladesh upgraded “Barisal Textile Institute” as a B.Sc. Textile Engineering College in 2010 and renamed as “Shahid Abdur Rab Serniabat Textile Engineering College.” Currently, Abdur Rab Serniabat Textile Engineering College offers 4-years B.Sc. in Textile Engineering. It has affiliation with Bangladesh University of Textiles. The first enrollment of the student in this college started from the session 2010-2011.
Selection of the students for admission is made through admission test of 200 marks and considering GPA of SSC and HSC student get chance to take admission according to merit.
The entry requirements for admission test are as follows:
1. Students must be Bangladeshi by birth.
2. Passed SSC (Science) with GPA 3.50 (without 4th subject) from any discipline.
3. Passed HSC (Science) or equivalent exam of the current academic year obtaining at least GPA 3.5 and on an average at least GP 4.00 but individually not below grade point 3.0 in physics, chemistry and mathematics.
Following rules applicable for the students of O-level and A-level:
1. Must pass in B grade on a average in five subjects.
2. In the A level examination the students must have B grade in mathematics, physics and chemistry.
3. No D Grade will be allowed in any subject.
[Source: Website of Shahid Abdur Rab Serniabat Textile Engineering College]
Shahid Abdur Rab Serniabat Textile Engineering College
C & B Road, Barisal-8200, Bangladesh
Email : email@example.com
Published Date: 26/07/2014