- Bangladesh Youth and Cultural Shomiti (BYCS)
Founded in 1974, Bangladesh Youth and Cultural Shomiti (BYCS) is a registered charity organization in England providing social, educational and leisure activities to a wide range of people, specifically to the Bangladeshi origin people and broadly to the local community in Leicester. BYCS also accredited as a reputed community and business services learning provider in the Highfields and St Matthew’s areas of Leicester, England.
Bangladesh Youth and Cultural Shomiti's services mainly focus on the following five areas:
1. Adult education, learning and training (accredited and non-accredited);
2. Pre-employment support and information, advice and guidance;
3. Support for children and young people;
4. Services for the elderly and disabled people, particularly benefit advice and day care; and
5. Support services for employers and their workforce.
BYCS is based on two sites in Highfields – UK Online Centre, and Bangladesh Action Resource Centre (BARC). The Organization is run by a Board of Directors/Trustees. It has eight full-time and eighteen part-time staffs. Leicester City Council awarded BYCS the ‘Future Jobs Fund Outstanding Training Employer Award’ in 2011.
Bangladesh Youth and Cultural Shomiti (BYCS):
Main Office & UK Online Centre
30-32 Biddulph Street
Leicester, LE2 1BF
Telephone: 0116 275 5855
Published Date: -