- Janata Bank Limited (JBL)
Janata Bank Limited, commonly known as Janata Bank, is the Second (2nd) largest State Owned Commercial Bank in Bangladesh. The Bank was established in 1972. Janata Bank became apparent while two former banks (United Bank Limited and Union Bank Limited) were combined under the Banks Nationalization Order (President’s Order 26) of 1972. The Bank was corporatized on November 15, 2007. As a result, it renamed as “Janata Bank Limited”. At present, Janata Bank Limited has 900 branches (including 4 overseas branches in UAE). As of 13 December 2013, the Bank has total 15485 personnel.
For its outstanding contribution in the field of banking sector, Janata Bank Ltd has achieved many national and international awards including:
*The '2013 Performance Excellence Award' given by Citi Bank N. A.,
*The ‘Asian Banking & Finance Wholesale Banking Awards 2013 & Retail Banking Awards 2013',
* 'Business Asia Most Respected Company Awards-2012’
* ‘The Asian Banking & Finance Awards 2012’
* ‘The Bank of the Year-2011 in Bangladesh’ given by “The Banker”, the London based Financial Magazine.
* Since 2006 to 2009 Janata Bank Limited had been titled as the Best Bank-Bangladesh by ‘Global Finance’ magazine, the New York based Financial Magazine.
* Janata Bank Limited achieved Asian Banking Awards 2005 and 2004 given by the Asian Bankers Association (ABA) and Bank Marketing Association of the Philippines (BMAP).
* Janata Bank became "The Bank of the Year" from 2001 to 2004 in Bangladesh by “The Banker”, London based financial magazine.
Currently, Janata Bank Ltd is running two subsidiay companies:
1. Janata Capital and Investment Company Limited (Started its journey from September 26, 2010), and
2. Janata Exchange Company SRL, Italy
Head Office Janata Bank Ltd:
Janata Bhaban, 110, Motijheel Commercial Area,
Phone PABX 9560000, 9566020, 9556245-49, 9565041-45, 9560027-30
FAX: 88-02-9554460, 9553329, 9552078
SWIFT: JANB BD DH
Published Date: 16/10/2014