- Association of Development Agencies in Bangladesh (ADAB)
Association of Development Agencies in Bangladesh (ADAB) is the largest and leading coordinating organization or apex body of the NGOs in Bangladesh. The Organization was established in 1974. ADAB is registered under the Societies Act 1860, and the Foreign Donation Ordinance of 1978. It has 1175 members (till June 2013) in its nexus, and its activities now expanded in all over the country.
According to the website of ADAB, the Organization is working as coordinating body:
- promoting friendly relationship and the commonality of purpose among various NGOs operating in Bangladesh,
- assist small and nascent local NGOs,
- form the NGOs into a national network of regional chapters,
- exchange of views and experiences,
- extending areas of cooperation,
- abolishing overlapping of working areas,
- developing institutional efficiency, and
- maintaining liaison with Government and international donor agencies, mass media, grass-root people’s organizations and civil society.
Contact Info:House 13/ka (2nd Floor), Road 2,
Shyamoli, Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh
Tel: 88-02-9126358, 9103335
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.adab.org.bd
Published Date: 26/07/2014