- Leading University, Sylhet
Leading University is the first UGC and Government approved private university in Sylhet, Bangladesh. Founded in the year 2001 and begun its journey on March 4, 2002. Leading University in Sylhet was founded by Dr. Sayed Ragib Ali under the Bangladesh Private University Act 1992. Professor Dr. Md. Qumruzzaman Chowdhury is the present Hon'ble Vice-Chancellor of this university. Leading University's city campuses are located at Surma Tower (Taltola), Rongmahal Tower, and Modhubon Market (Bondar Bazar), Sylhet. And permanent campus located at Ragib Nagar, South Surma, Sylhet. The university has around 5000 students. It has Faculty of Business Administration, Arts and Modern Language, Social Science, and Faculty of Modern Science.
Leading University, Sylhet keeps following Department:
• Department of Business Administration
• Department of CSE
• Department of English
• Department of Architecture
• Department of Law
• Department of Civil Engineering
• Department of EEE
• Department of Islamic Studies
• Department of Public Health
Presently, the University offers following programs in Undergraduate Level:
• Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)
• B.A. (Hons) in English
• B. Sc. (Hons) in CSE
• LL.B (Hons)
• Bachelor of Architecture
• B.Sc. in Civil Engineering
• B.Sc. (Hons) in EEE
• B.A. (Hons) in Islamic Studies
Graduate Level Programs:
• MBA (Regular)
• MBA/EMBA (Executive)
• M.A. in English (Preliminary and Final)
• M.A. in Islamic Studies
• Master in Public Health (MPH)
• Minimum score of CGPA 2.50 both in SSC and HSC or CGPA 6.00 for the examination in aggregate but not less than 2.00 in any of S.S.C and H.S.C.
• For the children of freedom fighters' aggregated CGPA of SSC and HSC or equivalent examinations is 5.00.
• For 'O' and 'A' level students: 5 subjects in 'O' level and 2 subjects in 'A' level where grade B in at least 4 subject and grade C in the remaining subject.
Surma Tower, VIP Road, Taltola,
Tel: 0821-720303-4 (Ext. 112, 116)
Published Date: 22/10/2016